What’s the announcement?
As of June 06th, 2018, Plesk has acquired SolusVM assets for an undisclosed amount. Making SolusVM part of Plesk and its product portfolio, Plesk is fully committed to growing SolusVM’s suite of tools for its customers.
How does this benefit SolusVM customers?
The combination of Plesk and SolusVM gives you access to a wider range of tools and expertise in server operations and management. Now, hosting service providers, resellers and end users have a solution to provision, manage and sell VMs based on Xen, KVM, and OpenVZ – the most popular container-based, hardware virtualization platforms.
There are many reasons why this creates a great opportunity for Plesk and SolusVM customers:
Strong market opportunity
- The VPS market remains strong, stable and highly relevant in the IT landscape.
- As the demand for scalable and customizable VPS hosting grows, users from individual developers to hosting companies and large enterprises look for management tools for their infrastructure.
- Plesk and SolusVM are both leading choices for cloud-based infrastructure hosting: this acquisition expands both product portfolios to offer a complete set of technical security and automation tools and technologies across OS, network and apps.
Good business fit
- SolusVM customers will benefit from the rapid innovation and WebOps services that Plesk is famous for.
- Both companies strive for engineering excellence and product innovation, and speak the hosting provider’s language – together both parties continue delivering turnkey solutions across the globe.
- Both organizations are driven by customer satisfaction.
- Both focus on developing high quality solutions to be proud of, that meet the needs of the market, with focus on security, automation and simplicity.
- Both organizations share similar business philosophies and values.
What are the benefits for SolusVM?
- Plesk’s positive brand reputation is growing in the hosting and SaaS market, especially after acquiring XOVI.
- There’s a good base of 2,600+ Plesk hosting partners and strategic partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Vultr, or Alibaba Cloud.
- 50% of the top 100 hosting service providers partner with Plesk today.
- Plesk is committed to propelling the development and innovation of the next version of SolusVM forward.
- Plesk has a strong senior leadership and technical team, with most having been in the hosting industry for +15 years.
How does this impact customers and partners?
The customer support for SolusVM won’t change. So customers get the same excellent support and product development they know and love. Plesk is invested in growing SolusVM’s suite of tools for SolusVM customers.
Plesk has the combined skills, resources, products and services to push forward the development of SolusVM. Together, SolusVM and Plesk will provide an innovative, complementary, end-to-end solution portfolio. Furthermore, Plesk will help our clients leverage their IT investments in SolusVM, while expanding functionality to meet their business needs.
Will each company keep its name?
Plesk is the corporate entity, but individual divisions will keep their names to leverage the brand recognition they’ve built.
Will Plesk acquire additional companies?
Mergers and acquisitions have always been a key part of Plesk’s growth strategy. Plesk will continue to take acquisition opportunities that play a key strategic role in its growth.
Will this change affect me?
Plesk and SolusVM continue to nurture a customer-centric culture with the development and support standards that both parties are known for.
Is this change immediate?
Where are the corporate headquarters and branch offices located?
Plesk is headquartered in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Additional branch offices are in:
Germany – Cologne, Munich, Karlsruhe
Spain – Barcelona
Canada – Toronto
Japan – Tokyo
Russia – Novosibirsk
Australia – Sydney
- February 2018
- January 2018
- April 2017
- March 2017
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010